This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won't work as expected without them. Read More

Going on holiday? Taking a gap year? Travelling abroad?



If you would like advice and / or vaccinations before travelling abroad:


1. Call into the surgery, at least 8 weeks before your date of travel (6 months if you have a complicated itinerary) to collect a travel questionnaire and information sheet (or these can be dowloaded by clicking on the links)


2. Complete and return the travel form to the surgery.


3. A member of the nursing staff will review your travel requirements.


4. You should be contacted within 2 weeks and an appointment made with a practice nurse if required.


Please note we are not travel advice specialists so may not be able to give full advice for all travellers and may advise you to attend a travel clinic for specialist advice and a risk assessment.


Applying for European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)

If you are a UK resident, you are entitled to medical treatment that may become necessary while on holiday, at a reduced cost or sometimes free, when temporarily visiting an EU country.

Only treatment under the country’s state scheme is covered. EHIC cards are only valid for 5 years. Make sure you check the expiry date before travelling. Visit www.ehic.org.uk for detailed information and how to apply.


Useful travel web sites:






Choose font size: A A A


Total visitors:254069 | Disclaimer