Travel Information

Going on holiday? Taking a gap year? Travelling abroad?

If you would like advice and / or vaccinations before travelling abroad:

1. Call into the surgery, at least 8 weeks before your date of travel (6 months if you have a complicated itinerary) to collect a travel questionnaire (or this can be dowloaded by clicking on the link)

2. Complete and return the travel form to the surgery.

3. A member of the nursing staff will review your travel requirements.

4. You should be contacted within 2 weeks and an appointment made with a practice nurse if required.

Please note we are not travel advice specialists so may not be able to give full advice for all travellers and may advise you to attend a travel clinic for specialist advice and a risk assessment.

Applying for European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)

If you are a UK resident, you are entitled to medical treatment that may become necessary while on holiday, at a reduced cost or sometimes free, when temporarily visiting an EU country.

Only treatment under the country’s state scheme is covered. EHIC cards are only valid for 5 years. Make sure you check the expiry date before travelling. Visit for detailed information and how to apply.

Useful travel web sites: 

Travel and Coronavirus

When you’re planning your travel, you should check the latest information on demonstrating your COVID-19 status when travelling abroad on the website. Make sure there is enough time to get proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status before you are due to travel.